As Easter fast approaches, the dread of keeping your kids occupied during the seemingly-endless holidays can grow. To help you keep sane and them entertained, we’ve collated our top family activities to do this Easter in London
- If you haven’t got anything planned for the Easter weekend, why not head down to Sadler’s Wells? Experience their annual mini-festival weekend featuring Spanish company Aracaladanza’s imaginative family-friendly show with costumes, balloons and puppetry. 19-20 April.
- If you’ve got the urge to indulge, then head to Kensington Palace’s Lindt Gold Bunny hunt. Explore the home and garden of Kensington Palace while tracking down the gold bunny statues with a chance to win your very own chocolate Lindt bunny. 6-22 April.
- Why not go on a trail at the WWT London Wetland Centre’s nature reserve? As well as your kids learning loads as they explore the Wetlands, they’ll also hunt for yellow ducks with a chance to win a delicious prize. 6-22 April.
- Head down to the Southbank Centre for an abundance of events – many of which are free. Highlights include interactive music and theatre shows, such as the Saturday afternoon boogies, the family folkshow and a reggae-tinged Disney covers performance. 9-22 April.
- Visit The Making of Harry Potter studio tour to immerse yourself in the wizarding world. As well as stepping into the forbidden forest and meeting its mystical creatures, from 6 April visitors will, for the first time, be able to walk through Gringotts, meeting a gallery of goblins and visiting the Lestrange vault.
- Jump on board the Cutty Sark this Easter. Let the little ones explore beneath the hull of the fastest ship of her time and get to know the colourful crew, and after enjoy a refreshing afternoon tea with your loved ones. Open daily asides from 24 April.
- Enter the enchanting, nostalgic world of Beatrix Potter in Where is Peter Rabbit this April at the Theatre Royal Haymarket. Fall in love with the mischievous Peter Rabbit all over again while enjoying original songs and your favourite stories. 5-28 April.
The Lyceum is an independent, co-educational primary school uniquely located in London’s Old Street area. The school takes pride in providing a well-rounded education, where every child has a chance to shine. The Lyceum has an exciting open day on 7 May. Click here to read more.