Absolutely Mama chooses our favourite Easter Eggs for 2017 – Yum
Words Aarzoo Snigdha
Whether you gave up anything for Lent this year or not, it’s time to indulge in some of the amazing Easter Eggs out there this April.
And whether you are doing an Easter Egg hunt at home, or with friends and family for the little ones, it’s also nice to have a big gorgeous egg to eat yourself: these are our favourites this year.
- Chococo has two delicious honeycomb eggs this year. Decorated on the inside with generous chunks of handmade honeycomb, and dusted on the outside with edible gold shimmer or edible red shimmer they’re eyecatching too. £10.95 www.chococo.co.uk
2. William Curley’s Chocolate Easter Eggs are filled with sea salt caramels or his amazing couture chocolates. The salted caramels are covered in a thin shell of dark chocolate, while the milk chocolate shell, with a bronze sheen, has its richness countered with cream. £25 Website: www.williamcurley.co.uk
3. Betty’s milk chocolate egg hand-decorated with royal icing flowers and traditional chocolate piping to make it one of the most beautiful you’ll see this year. Made with finest Swiss chocolate, each egg is decorated with unique combination of colours and design, and packed in a stylish box. £27.50; www.bettys.co.uk
4. These stand-out wooden eggs from Booja Booja are handmade and hand painted by artists from Kashmir, and make wonderful keepsakes for the rest of the year. Large eggs come with twelve truffles inside: choose from Fine de Champagne, Almond & Sea Salt Caramel Truffles or the classic Hazelnut. Small eggs contain three truffles. £24.99; boojabooja.com
5. Have your Easter eggs sunny side up this year and fill them with sweets! Try the unique Bagstock and Bumble super-sized fair trade Belgian chocolate fried egg for something a little bit different. £19.95; www.notonthehighstreet.com